St Michael, Whichford
St Michael Church in Whichford is within the Archdeaconry of Warwick in the Diocese of Coventry.
The parish church dates back to Norman times. Founded circa 1120-1150 by William de Mohun and Agnes his wife. The church is now dedicated to St Michael but according to a will in 1484 the dedication at that time was to St Peter and St Paul.
Inside the porch is a recumbent stone figure, with much speculation but little fact as to its origin. Once inside the church, the fine gothic proportions reflect the importance of the wool trade in the area that funded the building and alterations in earlier centuries.
The chancel was refitted by the Victorians and is entered through a Woodyer screen. At the west end, alterations in 2004 provided facilities to hold meetings, catering, work with children’s groups and a place for quiet contemplation in the upper room behind the balcony, where the St. Peter window allows views of sheep grazing in the field beyond the churchyard
|Rector||Rev'd Stuart Allen||01608 684207|
|Pioneer Minister||Revd. Ben Dyson|
|Church Warden||Julia Melvin|