St Peter, Whatcote
St Peter in Whatcote is within the Archdeaconry of Warwick in the Diocese of Coventry.
Nestling in the Vale of the Red Horse, this church sits astride the Centenary Way and is a natural stopping off place for walkers. The churchyard is really special. Look out for the beautiful Easter Window close to the altar and the grave of John Davenport who came to Whatcote as Rector in 1597 and lived to be 101. The church was badly damaged by a stray bomb during the Second World War the only casualty being a sheep! A leaflet is available in the church detailing the Old Allotments Walk, a two and a half mile circuit taking in great views.
The church is open between 9am and 4pm in the winter and between 9am and 7pm in the summertime.
|Priest in Charge||Vacant|
|Associate Minister||Rev'd Martin Leaton||01295 680201|
|PTO||Rev'd Canon Tom Moffatt|
|PTO||Rev'd Canon George Warner|
|Church Warden||Sue Price|
|Church Warden||Phil Wreford|