St Peter, Stretton-on-Fosse
St Peter in Stretton-on-Fosse is within the Archdeaconry of Warwick in the Diocese of Coventry.
The parish church of St Peter, rebuilt and enlarged in 1841, consists of a chancel with a south vestry, nave (50 ft. long), and a west porch and bell-turret. No ancient architectural features remain.
The small chancel has a traceried east window of four lights; the nave, divided by buttresses into four bays, has a two-light window in each bay in the north and south walls. The entrance is at the west end from a porch that is flanked by a small north chamber and a south staircase to a gallery. Over the porch is an octagonal bell-turret lighted by windows in gables, the whole crowned by a small stone spire. The walls are of ashlar, the roofs covered with slates.
On the west wall of the small north-west chamber is a plain black oval tablet to Edward Gibbs 1699 and Elizabeth his widow 1713. All the fittings and furniture are modern.
The registers begin in 1538.
|Priest in Charge||Revd Chris Goble||01608 682280|
|Associate Minister||Revd Sarah Edmonds||01608 662156|
|Church Warden||Simon Bayliss||01608 662712|