St Nicholas and St Barnabus, Burmington
St Nicholas and St Barnabus Church in Burmington is within the Archdeaconry of Warwick in the Diocese of Coventry.
A chapel at Burmington was first recorded in 1266 as a chapel-of-ease to Wolford. This was rebuilt in 1688 (funded by the sale of five of the six bells and lead from the roof) and restored in 1849. The original bell of 1592 was re-hung in 2003. Some other original features remain including the 13th century capitals, which, support the chancel arch.
Burmington is a small village of some 120 people and although it is not a famous or important place it has a interesting and historic character and was mentioned in the Domesday Book in 1086.
|Rector||Revd Stuart Allen||01608 684207|
|Pioneer Minister||Revd. Ben Dyson|
|Church Warden||Susan Bradley||01608 661635|
|Church Warden||Sonia Baker||01608 661459|